Friday, July 22, 2011

Distracted

distracted
8"x 8" oil on canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood

This kitten lives at the horse stable where my daughter rides.  He has a ton of personality and will not be denied the attention he feels is due him.  He was following me around one evening while I was taking pictures, doing his best to distract me.  I think he was looking for a little time in front of the camera.  Anyway, he sat down nearby to bathe and give himself a good scratch behind the ears when suddenly he paused mid scratch to glare at something in the grass in front of him.  Whatever he was looking at must only be visible to cat eyes because I saw nothing!  He stared intently with his glowing yellow eyes at the grass and held the pose for several minutes.  I couldn't resist taking his picture.  I guess he conned me into a photo shoot after all. Maybe I should have titled this painting "persistence" instead!

1 comment:

Dean H. said...

Very nice work, Dottie! I enjoyed your blog.