Tuesday, July 19, 2011

knee deep

knee deep
6"x8" oil on panel
©2011 DottieLeatherwood
SOLD

I am a member of Daily Paintworks , a website of original artwork by over 300 artists for sale and auction.  It is a great site, chock full of tons of great original artwork at fabulous prices.  Every week they issue a challenge to artists.  This week the challenge was "the color of music" ...in essence, paint a piece of music..interpret the words and melody with paint.  I have been playing a lot of  Zac Brown in the studio lately, probably because it is good "sitting on the beach" music and that's what I'd like to be doing.  The song I chose to paint was "Knee Deep", a great "sitting on the beach" song by Zac Brown and Jimmy Buffett.  I grabbed a panel and did a quick little palette knife painting while the song was playing.  My painting refers to the line in the chorus "Knee deep in the water somewhere, got blue sky...breeze blowing through my hair, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair".  That's my new goal in life (or maybe for the rest of the summer)....not worrying about anything else but the tide reaching my chair!

No comments: