Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Pearl of an Oyster

 
a pearl of an oyster
6"x 6" oil on panel
©2011 DottieLeatherwood

This was a commission for a friend.  She wanted her oyster shell accessorized with a pearl.  Who wouldn't?  Well, unless you actually bite down on the pearl while eating the oyster, which happened to me once, years ago at an oyster roast.  Luckily, no chipped tooth and I was excited to find a pearl.  Unluckily, I put it on the side of my plate while I finished eating and promptly forgot it. Hours after we left the oyster roast, I remembered.  But I still figured it was a lucky sign and it had been a great evening spent with some of my favorite people so..... as things go, it wasn't a big loss.  Easier to keep up with a pearl in a painting than real life, I suppose!

No comments: