Friday, October 7, 2011

Legendary....

a Tybee icon
8" x 8" Oil on Canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood

This is a painting of the legendary Doc's Bar on Tybee Island.  It's a classic.  A legend.  A quaint hole-in-the-wall bar, complete with bumper pool and a band in the corner.  My grandfather went there, my dad and uncles, and now my cousins and I stop in when we are at the beach.  It is one of those things we just have to do.  It has such a great throwback vibe....sort of the "Cheers" of Tybee.  You never know who or what will wander in and the people watching is incomparable. 

Tybee's "Pirate-Fest" is this weekend and several of my cousins and I are headed down for the festivities......I'm sure you'll find us sitting on a barstool at Doc's  drinking a cold beer, doing a little people watching and telling some legends of our own.

2 comments:

Giselle McMenamin said...

Really nice piece Dottie! Hope you enjoy your visit.

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

Thanks! I had a great time!