Monday, October 31, 2011

Out of the darkness and into the light....

out of the darkness
16" x 20" oil on canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood

Out of the darkness...and into the light. Which was just the problem with this painting! The dark areas just would not cooperate with my camera or vice versa. Not sure which. But I probably took 100 shots in every lighting possible, every way possible except maybe standing on my head. By the time I was done, I think I had used every colorful word I know at least once and in many new and different combinations. The photo still doesn't do the painting justice but until I get a new camera...it will have to do!

1 comment:

Giselle McMenamin said...

LOL, too funny Dottie. I know the dilemas of trying to get a good shot. What a hassle it can be right. Anywya, the painting turned out great and the horse is coming out of the background ever so gently. Really lovely piece.