Friday, November 11, 2011

California or bust....

evening light
6" x 6" oil on panel
©2011 DottieLeatherwood


This painting was accepted into the Randy Higbee 6 x 6 Show in California!!  I got the notification last night and was so excited!! Sitting in my studio, day after day painting away, there are times when I am scraping off more paint from the canvas than I am putting on.  I question if I am where I am supposed to be...doing what I am supposed to do.  I know we all feel that way sometimes.  Moments like these are so affirming and motivating....make all the angst worthwhile.  I also found out that  two of my paintings were accepted to a local gallery show here in Charlotte this week too.  It has been a very, very good week!  I am so happy that all those hours painting and scraping are starting to pay off!!  Got to go send this one on it's way to Orange County! WOO HOO!  :) 

1 comment:

Linda Nickles said...

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Randy Higbee Show, Dottie! Your work is very good.