Tuesday, November 8, 2011

red dirt road...SOLD

red dirt road
11" x 14" oil on canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood
----------------------------------------

I have been working on several large paintings lately, which is a good thing, but I did sit down on Saturday and paint this small one.  I love the loose feel of this  and the road disappearing around the bend. Not exactly sure where it might be headed or even if its headed anywhere.  I was happy with the way this turned out, although my photograph of it seems darker than the painting itself.  I sure hope Santa is reading my blog and brings me a new camera.......

3 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

i really like this! Love the muted colors and loose brush strokes. Good luck on getting that camera...be a good little girl!

Giselle McMenamin said...

Really beautiful Dottie. Your earth toned palette is so rich and textured!

Dottie Leatherwood said...

Thanks! I love those paintings that just seem to paint themselves. If only they were all like that!