Thursday, November 3, 2011

Throwing a change-up....

reflections on autumn
20" x 30" oil on canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood
-----------------------------------
I'm throwing a change-up into the mix this week.  Lately my postings have been of more traditional paintings but I decided to throw in a little something different.  This is an abstracted view of water or rather the reflections in it.  I love the colorful reflections on the forever rippling, swirling, bouncing surface of seawater.  It was great fun to work on and a nice change of pace.  I enjoyed it so much I think I will work on a series of these..maybe on much larger canvases.

3 comments:

Giselle McMenamin said...

Great idea Dottie. Love the way the patterns keep your eyes switching and moving back and forth with the movement. Wonderful play of shapes and forms. looking forward to more!

Kathy Mallat said...

Beautifully done, and so serene.

Dottie Leatherwood said...

Thanks so much!