Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Being Productive....


Today has been one of those days.  Productive but nothing actually produced.  I have worked on about six different paintings today but finished none!  Here are the three that are on my easel currently.

The small painting on the right is a study for a larger painting I am thinking of doing. I've made changes to my original design because they just weren't translating onto canvas well.  I think I have worked out most of the problems and should be able to finish it tomorrow. The larger painting in the middle is about half done but is too wet to finish.  I am happy with my color scheme though and loving the little sandpipers. The other small painting is about 90% done. Just needs a few more highlights.

It is a beautiful day to paint...headed back to my studio!

1 comment:

Giselle McMenamin said...

Six paintings at once !!! Wow! Dottie you're quite inspiring. I especially love your big one with the sandpipers. It's so beautiful as is. The smaller ones are lovely too. Keep up the momentum my friend.Great stuff.