Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Groovy Tuesday, Take 2...

branching out
30" x 24" oil on canvas
©2012 DottieLeatherwood


It is raining here again today for the thousandth day in a row it seems. Beyond gloomy outside. The path to my studio squishes and pulls at my boots like I am walking in the marsh mud. I have gone through my entire stack of dog towels wiping the red clay off of my dog's feet. It's amazing how much mud he can get between his toes! Are you getting the picture....not my kind of weather. I am a hot weather-sunshine kinda girl. So in lieu of sunshine, here's another groovy Tuesday painting. This is from a series of pictures I took of the reflections of tree trunks in the water on a clear, sunny day. Almost seems like a dream :).

4 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

I am digging Groovy Tuesday! Wonderful colors and the harmony in them is just perfect.
I am a sunshine girl too! Trying to train a brand new puppy in the cold and rain is tough:) I hear ya on the doggie towels!

Stephanie Berry said...

Me too! Love this painting--the fluid movement and the colors. Yes, and give me warm sunshine any day. Actually it got up to 50 here today--January thaw!

martinealison said...

En cette période de l'année, le terrain est gras... Pour me rendre à l'atelier je rencontre le même souci que vous! En revanche ma dalmatienne reste au chaud à la maison et ne daigne pas mettre les pattes dehors!

Une très jolie peinture... j'aime l'harmonie des couleurs et le mouvement langoureux.

Gros bisous et bonne journée.

Michael Chamberlain said...

Very nice! This one looks like it was fun to paint, it has such a happy feel to it. I really love the colors and dreaminess!