Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Groovy Tuesday

reflections of a shrimp boat
30" x 40" oil on canvas
©2012 DottieLeatherwood

Here is another painting in my water series.  I love the abstract reflections of objects in the water.  They are so much fun to paint...almost like a funky tie-dye shirt!  My friends tease me about being a hippie chic so I guess the swirls and shapes just appeal to me.  Can you make out the shrimp boat in the reflection?  To give you a point of reference, the black semi-circles at the top of the painting are the reflections of the life preserver rings on the side of the boat.  Pretty groovy, huh?


7 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

This is fabulous, Dottie! It must be quite impressive to see it in person - 30x40, wow! I love the colors.

Karen Bruson said...

Very cool!

Kathy Cousart said...

Wonderful painting- love all the abstract shapes and the movement that just carries you all around the painting! Gorgeous colors!!

Dean H. said...

Great color and depth, Dottie!
Love the rolling motion of the water.

Aaron Kloss Artwork said...

I also love the motion in this painting, it is so fluid, way to capture the water ... and the oranges and blues are so nice together. -A

Kyle Martin said...

WOw, this piece knocked me dead in my tracks. It's a real show stopper. I will agree that the abstract pattern is wonderful!
Kyle Martin

Giselle McMenamin said...

I so love this piece!