Tuesday, January 10, 2012

make it a double...

make it a double
©2012 DottieLeatherwood
22" x 28" Oil on Canvas

I meant to post this yesterday.  However, my other life...the one as a mother..stepped in and took over my day.  It was actually a "make it a double" kind of day.  Nothing bad but just fast and furious all day long. But back to the painting...

This is one of a series of water paintings that I have been working on over the last month.  I am working from my memory of all the years spent at the beach and from a set of photos I took this summer.  I have had so much fun exploring the light patterns and the push and pull of the water with my paint.  Hope you enjoy seeing the results!

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Dottie, this is a beautiful painting. Great colors in the water and the angle and motion read true.
I so appreciate your visits and comments! Thanks :)

mary maxam said...

Lovely pattern produced in the waves and the variety of blues works wonderfully.