Friday, February 3, 2012

100th Blog Post...YAY!

triple play
24" x 30" oil on canvas
©2012 DottieLeatherwood

Not one, not two but three waves all lined up to come ashore.  I loved the composition of these waves back lit by the morning sun with lots of foam and spray to spare.  How lucky could a sea lover get?

On another note, today is my 100th blog post!  I started blogging last June.  I had never even read a blog before I started mine. There was a whole world out there that I didn't even know existed! It has been so much fun meeting other artists and art lovers in cyberspace.  The world has truly become so small and I have learned so much.  To celebrate my 100th post I decided to give away one of my small paintings.  I will draw the winner on Monday and post it on my blog on Tuesday.  To enter either 1) sign up to receive my blog by email (there is a little box to the right of this column where you can do that) or 2) if you already subscribe to my blog send me an email to let me know you want to enter to win. ( dtl.art@gmail.com). The winner will get to choose either one of the paintings below:

heart of a shell
6"x6"
field in early summer
5" x 7"



                     or

2 comments:

mary maxam said...

Congratulations Dottie and this is a beautiful way to make the 100th post a special one. Great movement and color.

Kathy Cousart said...

Great way to ride the waves- love this one!! Wonderful color and feel the sunshine.
Congrats on 100!! Yay for you- glad we have connected through blogging and Fb! Wish I was going to be at the workshop!! gonna be a great one.