Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping through Leap Day

doe re mi
8" x 8" oil on panel
©2012 dottietleatherwood

Some days the blog posts just write themselves....  I was working on a larger painting this morning and just couldn't get it going the way I wanted so I put it aside and pulled out a smaller panel to work on.  I was thinking about it being "Leap Day" today and that made me think about deer (don't ask...just the way my mind works) so I thought I would paint a deer on Leap Day. Seemed logical at the time.  Now, cut to this afternoon...my two oldest kids came home from school all excited about their day.  It seems a deer had leaped through a classroom window at their high school this morning. While class was in session!  Are you following.... my deer painting ...deer leaping through window...leap day.  I told you, some days the blog posts just write themselves!!  

3 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Love that sweet face you painted. Wonderful brushwork. And I smiled through your whole post- just too good isn't it! Glad you leapt at the chance to tell us all about it:)

Giselle McMenamin said...

How fun is that and crazy! A deer leaping through a school window- wow. We have deer all over the place here in Stony Point, NY. I think there are more deer than people! Didn't know they could be so brazen. On another note your painting is great. Beautiful depth created with all of those different tones. Well done.

mary maxam said...

This is sweet and the blue reflections on the top of the head are a good contrast. Nicely done and a fun post on leap day!