Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Non-Representational Kind of Day....

untitled
22" x 28" oil on canvas
©2012 DottieLeatherwood

Today was a play day.  Every so often it is good to do a little something to clear my mind....give myself a different creative perspective.  I am by nature very production-oriented.  A artist friend of mine says I crank out paintings like someone cranks out widgets.  He's right.  I love a finished painting.  And I love to paint.  Which means that I produce a lot of work.  Not every one of them is a keeper but the odds are usually on my side.  I wanted to do something totally different today. Non-Representational. Abstract. Fun.

6 comments:

Giselle McMenamin said...

It's so healthy sometimes in painting to forget structure and process and just let it all loose! This turned out really lovely and looks like an impressionistic interpretation of pretty wildflowers.

Jane said...

The fun shows, and contrary to what many people think, it is not easy to make a beautiful abstract, this one is fabulous..very well balanced colors. I am like you ...a very keen producer of paintings :-)

Karen Bruson said...

This does look like fun and very freeing.

Mary Anne Cary said...

Great colors, this will really brighten someone's life and walls!!

Karen F. Rose said...

Wow Dottie I just love this painting - the colors, the brushwork, the movement, the playfulness, the joy. Must say after having the pleasure of painting with you I can see your smile in every inch of the painting.

suzannepaints said...

What a beautiful and colorful painting. Congratulations on painting #100. Nice blog!