Monday, February 27, 2012

Rainy Days & Mondays....

feeling blue
5" x 7" oil on panel
©2012 dottietleatherwood


"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down".....so goes the song.  My dog agrees.  A rainy day means that he has to stay inside my studio with me instead of his usual in and out routine.  He finds it very boring.  Lots of long sighs and flopping into new positions on the floor. Oh, and the eye-rolling and looking pitiful  is in high gear.  Every once in a while he'll throw in a little "paw on the leg" to try and get me to relax my rule. However,  a wet dog leads to mud splattered canvases when he decides to come inside the studio for a nap.  That has happened one too many times. I started out this morning to paint something else but I just couldn't resist his sad face.  He's hoping for sun tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

I think this is a really sweet painting and I am thinking that this sweet precious dog was trying to do you a favor! He wanted to model for you and did a fabulous job! Love this:)

Karen Bruson said...

Darling!

Mary Anne Cary said...

I have dogs, so I get the pitiful! Mine make me feel so guilty. You captured this very well, nice and fluffy, too!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Here's a suggestion - a dog raincoat! Minimize the 'shower'... on the other hand, we can trade dogs on rainy days - my pug will 'hold it' till he's ready to burst rather than get wet!

Really lovely. well done painting, Dottie.

mary maxam said...

Excellent brushwork and rich color, what an irresistible face!