Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another plug for Art for Autism....

Yesterday I posted about the Art for Autism Event in Charlotte, NC on April 26th - 28th.  So many of us are touched personally or have friends or family that deal with autism.  My sweet nephew Daniel, has Asperger's Disease which is a milder form of autism with it's own set of challenges.  He has taught my  family and my own children so much about love, perseverance and finding joy in the small things of life.  I was so happy to be asked to participate in this fundraiser and to be able to give back in a small way to help children like Daniel.   Here are a few of my paintings that will be at the show:

 "high stepping"  20"x20" oil on canvas
"out of the darkness" 16"x20" oil on canvas
 "pretty girls"  24"x36" oil on canvas
 "cool morning light"  14"x11" oil on canvas
"tied up"   20"x20" oil on canvas

Please come and support this event if you are able and if you aren't in the Charlotte area.... support an autism event in your part of the world!

Art For Autism
Thursday, April 26 6-9 (Cocktail Reception)
Friday, April 27 10-2 and 6-9
Saturday, April 28 10-2
Located at the Village at Southpark, next to Cowfish
Please check out our Facebook page for more information on the artists! See you there!

2 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

Your art is beautiful, and what a great cause you're supporting. I know autism is becoming more widespread everywhere and I think it's awesome that you're doing this. And hey I just saw you're on Fresh paint too! Cool!! :D

Giselle McMenamin said...

What a great way to contribute to the cause Dottie. I have a friend who's son has this disease and it is so very challenging. Awareness being brought to it continually makes the lives of the kids and families experiencing it feel love and support.