Wednesday, April 4, 2012

orange sky marsh study .... SOLD

orange sky marsh study
6" x 8" oil on panel
©2012 dottietleatherwood
SOLD


Here's a little study of a sunset over the marsh.  I wanted to capture both the intensity of the fiery orange in the sky and the glowing silver-blue tidal creek.  I softened my normally bold brushstrokes here to get more of a dreamy, hazy feel.   I'd like to try this on a much larger canvas using my normal brushstrokes and still try to capture that dreamy feeling.  This little study is up for auction on Daily Paintworks if you are interested!

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Un magnifique travail dans votre ciel... Des couleurs flamboyantes... Gros bisous

Stephanie Berry said...

Go big Dottie! It's liberating. Like what you've been doing. Your roosters have a lot of personality. Like the brushwork on the jungle painting. I wish it felt like spring here. Cloudy and chilly still.

Giselle McMenamin said...

Go big absolutely! It's such a different experience Dottie. This little one turned out great too!