Tuesday, May 15, 2012

bright lights

bright light on the piedmont
12" x 16" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood

This is a painting of a farm about a half an hour from my home. Earlier this spring as I drove past, I caught a glimpse of the line of farm buildings under the late afternoon sun.   Clouds were rolling in but the sun was lighting up the tin roofs of all of the farm buildings as if they were glowing.  It almost hurt your eyes to look at them.  I loved the combination of the dark shadows and the really bright light on the landscape and in the clouds.... I hope you do too!

5 comments:

ddeanhartist said...

beautiful, love your colors!

Maria Hock said...

I love the colors in the sky and the lights...they are simply magnificent. You captured the feeling of the moment perfectly. Love it!

Kathy Collins said...

Absolutely love the multitude of colors in the clouds but also admire your confident and bold strokes in the field! Well done, my friend!

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao, I love these colours and the atmosphere in your paint that is like a dream..
Ciao, ciao, Floriana

martinealison said...

Votre ciel est merveilleusement bien travaillé... j'aime la lumière qui perce et vient jouer parcimonieusement dans votre paysage... Une très belle campagne.
Une très belle peinture.
gros bisous