Thursday, May 31, 2012

fresh local shrimp....SOLD

fresh local shrimp
11" x 14" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood
SOLD


I saw this tractor a couple of weeks back when some friends and I were leaving the beach.   It was parked by the highway at the edge of a farmer's market (and evidently a seafood market as well).   Actually, I have to give credit to my friend who was driving who spotted it first. The bright red tractor with the sunflowers planted all around it caught her eye.  Great advertising don't you think?  And she was right it did make a great painting....thanks Jenny!

My blogging has been few and far between lately!  Not for lack of paintings to post but just for lack of time and energy.  All the other stuff in my life besides painting has been owning me lately!  I have another week of "crazy" and then I hope to get back to my daily routine.  

5 comments:

mary maxam said...

I love all the shapes withing shapes here, not to mention the great color!

June said...

I love the whole idea of this tractor for a painting. It's a beautiful, colourful, happy tractor and it makes me smile. I love the colours - rich and vivid, as well as warm and inviting. I love the way you've composed the scene, too. Thanks for sharing this, which has gotten my weekend off to a happy start.

Kathy Collins said...

So that explains why shrimp are being sold next to a corn field! Great job once again.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

That is quite a juxtaposition ;)
Thanks for stopping by Dottie, I love the red tractor.

Nora MacPhail said...

Awesome! I love drawing vehicles, they are such great shapes.
Happy Painting.