Wednesday, May 2, 2012

rooster in white..... SOLD

rooster in white
24" x 24" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood


The big guy above is headed to the 2012 Carolina Art Soirée  next week.  This fabulous event is an evening of local and regional art, food, drink and live music to benefit GBS/CIDP research, education and advocacy.  I am so thrilled to be exhibiting with some very talented and successful artists. Just getting to hang on the wall is BIG!  

Last week I participated in the Art for Autism event here in Charlotte and had such a wonderful time meeting collectors and talking about art. And I sold two paintings to boot!  

This week I begin my first week of co-hosting the Artists Helping Artists (AHA) Blogspot Radio Show with  my friend and mentor Leslie Saeta. The show is on "15 Common Mistakes Found on Art Websites".   I have listened to this radio show for so long and can honestly say that I would have been lost without it!  The information that it provides to artists is absolutely invaluable not to mention all the great interviews with successful artists. 

 It has been a wonderful 2012 so far for me as an artist and if there is one thing that I have learned in the past year, it would have to be that although it takes a lot of hard work if you want something enough you can make it happen.  There aren't any shortcuts but the rewards are so exciting and each new door opened leads to more and more opportunities.  Don't forget to listen to the show tomorrow and go out and make something happen today! ....here's the link:  http://artistshelpingartistsblog.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Karen F. Rose said...

Wow just love this big guy. The colors and his fabulous presence...and speaking of presence. Can't wait to hear you on AHA radio. Your sparkling personality will shine.
You always go out and make it happen. Have fun!

Kathy Cousart said...

Loving Rooster! Great brushwork and that red- yummmy! You will be amazing on AHA- we all benefit from each other and it's fun to help out and give back!

martinealison said...

Une très jolie publication... la peinture de ce coq est magnifique... Il pourrait être digne de représenter l'emblème de mon pays...
Je vous félicite pour vos ventes et vous en souhaite de très nombreuse à venir...
Je penserai bien à vous lors de votre interview... Transmettez à votre amie Leslie mon admiration pour sa peinture.
Gros bisous

mary maxam said...

Love this thick paint and his 'I know best!' stance! I haven't listened to the show yet and can't wait- I know you'll be wonderful