Tuesday, June 19, 2012

high tide line..... SOLD

high tide line
30" x 40" oil on canvas
SOLD
©2012dottietleatherwood

This one is hot off the easel...finished only a couple of hours ago.  I loved the composition.  Very simple but a lot of color variation and brushstrokes...a lot of which doesn't show up in this photo.  Some paintings photograph well and others just lose something in the translation.  

This painting was inspired by a trip to Kiawah this spring.  Some friends and I were riding bikes on the beach and missed our path off the beach.  So we had to turn around and ride back into the wind at high tide.  Suffice it to say, pedaling twice as hard, I was almost going backwards.   At the point I thought I was about to have a heart attack, I decided to get off the bike and walk for a while.  So I got to take in the lovely dunes and  beach grass and think about painting while I caught my breath.  It was definitely the silver lining to the exhausting bike ride :)

2 comments:

martinealison said...

J'aime la manière que vous avez traité les herbes dans vos dunes... Elles dansent bien, comme elle savent le faire et en ce qui me concerne elles me séduisent toujours.
Je ne doute pas un instant de tous les innombrables coups de pinceaux nécessaires pour créer cette si belle peinture... Toutes mes félicitations.
Et tant mieux parfois que les photos ne rendent pas justice à nos peintures car autrement les gens n'achèteraient plus que les reproductions ! (sourire...)

Gros bisous

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao, faticoso, ma penso bellissimo!
In bicicletta sulla spiaggia per me è il massimo...amo il mare, la spiaggia e la bicicletta...quindi...
E il tuo lavoro è una gran bella testimonianza di una giornata, a suo modo, speciale!
Ciao, ciao, Floriana