Tuesday, June 5, 2012

landing pad.....

landing pad
6" x 6" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood

How about a landing pad of a lily pad....or maybe the bulls eye of a lotus flower?  If you are a dragonfly or a bumble bee (both of which were buzzing around my pond when I was painting this) either one could be an ideal spot to rest your wings. 

On another note, today marks the one year birthday of my blog!! I wrote my first post on June 5th of last year.  If you would like to check it out, click here . It has been a learning experience and I have really enjoyed connecting with other bloggers, artists and friends throughout this last year!  

2 comments:

June said...

I love the colours in this. Beautiful, and so vivid and luscious. Thanks for sharing - this study in these colours have lifted my spirits today.

martinealison said...

Un bel étourdissement... Comment ne pas tournoyer du regard et venir butiner sur cette magnifique fleur de nénuphar ?...
Superbe peinture.
Gros bisous