Thursday, June 14, 2012

the point ....

the point
11" x 14" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood
$270

I have been working on a series of landscapes lately (more on those to come in my newsletter) but I decided to take a break and paint something a little different.  I loved playing around with the color in this one.  I think this guy is actually pointing toward the weekend....what do you think?


On a related note, if you haven't signed up for my email newsletter.....please do!  My next issue will be coming out at the end of the month and word on the web is that I will be giving away a small painting to a lucky subscriber.....don't miss out!  It's easy to sign up.....the link is just to your right or you can click here  :)  Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

mary maxam said...

The violet background is a great counterpoint to the warm sienna colors. Very nice in subject as well!