Wednesday, July 11, 2012

freshly mowed...

freshly mowed
6" x 6" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood

This little study is done from one of the pictures I took on my "road trip" through the countryside a couple of weeks ago.  The sun had just risen and everything was just glowing.  I have been painting lots of studies, most of which I will put up for sale, to try out the compositions for larger paintings.  So you may see some more barns and farmland to come.  This little painting I love for it's simplicity.  I loved the arcs of fresh mowed hay and the distant treeline and the big clear morning sky.  Sometimes you just don't need more than that.  
This painting is looking for a home and is up for auction on the Daily Paintworks Site with a starting bid of $60.  

1 comment:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

great title and the colors are perfect.
Glad you like to do paintings on your trips, too.