Monday, July 23, 2012

New digs....

I have new digs! My old studio needed a lot of work  and after much discussion and consideration I decided rather than renovate, I would move into the bonus room (the former "x-box man cave") above our garage.  I was very attached to my old studio and leaving it made me sad but it was a move I really needed to make. So for the last four days, I have made a million trips carrying furniture and paintings and all kinds of stuff up and downstairs, put together bookshelves and cabinets, hung ledges and taken lots of Aleve and Advil.  But I am finally done and I love the results!  So I decided to take you on a little tour.
This is my view coming up the stairs...put my shells on the ledge... ambiance is everything! :)

Here's my old vintag table and new little cabinets that I put together. Don't you like the labels? Stole that idea from my artist friend  Kathy Cousart! I am very excited about the paint storage....I can see all of my paint at a glance!

This is my desk area. I love my storage (notice the Vistaprint drawer in the middle pic) and my calendars, bulletin board and  clipboards for upcoming show information. LOVE feeling organized!!

Ledges, ledges and more ledges for canvases!

More storage!! A great place for my books.  The top right is my "canvas crib" and the bottom right is an old storage chest that I use for supplies.

But the real reason I am loving my new digs is all of the space I have now!  My new studio is almost twice the size of my old one.  It was a lot of hard work but even my studio assistant agrees that it was the right move :)  Come visit us!

6 comments:

Denise Rose said...

This looks great Dottie! I am redoing my studio (which is also above my garage) and will do a tour like this when I am done! It is so nice to have a comfortable place to create, isn't it!? Thanks for sharing yours!

Karen F. Rose said...

LOVE the new digs. Congratulations on all you hard work. Know you will love your new space. Yes I want to come visit!

Maria Hock said...

So well laid out and organized! I love your new space. I love seeing people's studios and the way they organize. I especially like the way you organized your paint. I may have to steal that idea...

Kathy Cousart said...

Love it! Always fun to see how artists create that space that is just right for them. Amazing job on everything...I love all the ledges and the storage is fabulous! Love that you used the little tags too....fun touch:)

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I think you should go into the 'sudio organizing' business! I would love my space to be all tidy and 'just so' like that! You will enjoy countless hours of happy painting there, I can tell!

Stephanie Berry said...

Awesome!!! Lucky you!! Looks wonderful and well thought out.