Friday, July 27, 2012

oaks and palms ....

oaks and palms
20" x 20" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood
$520

There is just something about the underbrush on the coast.  The tangle of tropical palms mixed with oaks and spanish moss just really appeals to me.  Sort of controlled wildness.  In this painting though, I was drawn to the way the light was illuminating the pathway through the woods.  The glow was just beautiful.  Tangle and glow....you got to love that combination!
  
I have really fallen behind on my blogging or either I have gotten way ahead on painting.  Can't decide which.   I had to look back and make sure I hadn't already posted this painting .... I couldn't remember!!  

2 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautifully done! Love the way you tangled the branches so naturally! And I always love captured light! Fabulous Friend!!

Rubén said...

Hermosos imágenes, muy bien pintadas.
Felicitaciones.