Thursday, August 30, 2012

a view through the trees...

a view through the trees
6" x 6" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood
NFS

Most of you will not know what or where this is....but indulge me today.  Important events kick off  this weekend....literally.  University of Georgia Football, of course.  :)

If you were standing on the edge of North Campus, a little to the left of Park Hall, this is the view of Sanford Stadium that you would see as you looked down the hill.  It is the view I took in as a student many years ago and it is the view my daughter sees everyday.  I was feeling a bit nostalgic and missing my girl this morning so I warmed up with this little painting.   This won't be her first game but it will be her first game as a student.  The energy and excitement of over 90,000 college football fans is something to behold and be a part of.  I am sure she will have a blast!  

Go Dawgs!! Sic'em! Woof! Woof! Woof!

2 comments:

Maria Hock said...

lovely work and great memories will be made on that path! What an exciting life she has ahead of her!

Heather said...

Beautiful painting!! I just love it!