Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Morning News....


       allegiance                                                                red, white & blue
       36" x 24" oil on canvas                                      24" x 18" oil on canvas
       Click Here to View                                             Click Here to View
                            

I found out last week that the two paintings above were juried into the Pride & Patriotism: American Expressions Art Exhibition at the Charlotte Fine Art Gallery.  In honor of the Presidential election year and Charlotte being chosen as the host city for the Democratic National Convention, the artwork was to reflect the artist's interpretation of American Pride.  Without getting too deep here, when I think of American pride, I think of independence and hard work and our collective creative imagination...."made in America".
  
The painting of the tractor is an actual tractor (flag and all) that I saw sitting by the side of the road one day.  I thought it just summed up the theme perfectly.  And what's more American than an old pick-up truck?!!  

I am so excited to participate in this exhibition!!  The show will kick off with Opening Night on September 7th from 6 - 9:00 p.m.  and the exhibit will run through September 28th.  I hope if you are in the area, you will stop by!

In other news, last Friday, I had the honor of being Carrie Roets-Waller's Friday Feature Artist! For my friends that don't know her, she is one of the most phenomenal watercolor artists that I have ever known. Her art just leaves you standing there with your
 mouth wide open .... it's that great! So while you are reading my interview and learning way more than you ever wanted to know about me, please check out her art...you will be AMAZED! 



Have a lovely Monday everyone!!














4 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations, Dottie!!! Your work is fabulous and I'm thrilled for your new exhibition:)

Thanks again for doing the interview:) It was a pleasure and I'm glad I got to know you a little better from reading your great answers!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Well, I agree Carrie is AWESOME! And I"m going right now to read your interview! Congratulations for the juried show - I think you picked winners for subjects and I wish you SALES! :D

Maria Hock said...

Great news...Congratulations! And a great interview!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations! The interview on Carrie's blog is wonderful too! You both have amazing work. :)