Wednesday, August 1, 2012

summer hydrangeas....SOLD

summer hydrangeas
8" x 8" oil on panel
©2012dottietleatherwood
$128

Last week I posted a picture on facebook of some hydrangeas that I picked from my garden while walking to my studio.  That picture led to lots of conversation and eventually several paintings ...one I already sold, one I am finishing up and this one which I am posting today on my blog.  I don't usually paint flowers.  I don't really know why but it just isn't a subject matter that ever occurs to me to paint.  However, it was a nice change of pace and I enjoyed it so much that I bought some sunflowers this morning.  Stay tuned..... :)

3 comments:

June said...

This is beautiful, Dottie. I love the colours. Calm, soothing, refreshing and happy colours. All the things I'm feeling while I enjoy this painting.

Thanks for sharing this today. I needed a bit of cheering up on this grey, wet day.

Jerry Stocks said...

Beautiful and I love the colors.

Kathy Collins said...

Really like the soft edges on this one and also the way the pot just melts into the table. Very nice.