Monday, September 10, 2012

first light....

first light
18" x 30" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood
$600

I have been painting a series of seascapes lately. This painting is taken from one of my early morning walks on the beach this summer. The sun hadn't risen yet and the first pink light was peeking over the horizon catching the sea spray as the waves tumbled toward the beach.  The colors were just beautiful.  

I finished this one last week about the same time as Hurricane Isaac hit Louisiana and decided to wait a week before I posted it.  Growing up on the coast, I am well aware of the awesome power of the ocean.  Beautiful and serene one day, wild and dangerous the next.  I guess that's why I love it ...there is just nothing like it!

3 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

You totally captured the movement and beauty of the ocean. Love this!! Gorgeous color and you nailed it! Well done!

hmuxo said...

A beautiful seascape, Dottie!

Virginia Floyd said...

Very beautiful. I love the light coming through that big wave.