Wednesday, September 19, 2012

september splendor....

september splendor
36" x 24" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood
$910

My garden is literally humming right now with all the bees and butterflies hard at work.  As summer fades, the insects have gone into overtime gathering the last of the nectar from all of my flowers.  The combination of all the foliage and flowers up against that brilliant September blue sky is impossible to resist.  I love all the abstract patterns found in the blur of color in the background.  I really wanted to paint these tiny snippets of landscape on a large scale to emphasize the saturated color and detail.  More to come....

2 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful! Just a symphony of splendor!! I am loving these big ones!!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful blues! Wonderful piece!!