Tuesday, October 16, 2012

assembled objects ....SOLD

assembled objects
10" x 8" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood
$200

I have this wonderful old antique mantel in my dining room.  Layers of peeling paint over cracked and bleached wood.  One of my favorite  finds years ago at a flea market.  It has a very shallow ledge but I love to assemble different "found" objects on it.  

As summer gives way to fall, my dining room gets the most brilliant morning light and I love to sit there and have my coffee.  As I was sitting and sipping and looking at my mantle the other day, I thought .... "what a great painting!"   I tried to keep my brushwork very loose and my edges soft.  I love the subtle organic colors and worn patina in this painting. Very soothing, I think, don't you?

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Une très jolie et harmonieuse composition... De merveilleuses nuances de couleurs.
gros bisous à vous

Kathy Collins said...

Love the vibrancy of the colors in this...at the same time it is soothing. Nice collection of "things".

hmuxo said...

Beautiful painting, Dottie...love how you placed all these pieces perfectly on the mantle!!