Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Folly....

another gray day in paradise
16" x 12" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood

So yesterday I succumbed to the gray weather we've been having all week.  I just couldn't fight it anymore.  I started a sunflower painting and then decided that if I couldn't beat the weather I would join in ..... and I painted this gray seascape.  It was fun playing around with all the grays and of course I love the subject matter.  But as you can see, there is some brightness showing through here and there.  I just couldn't keep the glimmer of sunlight out :)  So, I'm not sure whether painting the grays, or starting the sunflower painting or maybe my daughter driving home from college today was the turning point but as you can see in the picture below.....the sun is out this morning!!!  And I am loving it!  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wow! Dottie...this is absolutely beautiful...those blues and amazing light is wonderful! Love it!!!

Stephanie Berry said...

What a nice photo of you! I really like your sunflowers. One never gets tired of them.