Thursday, December 20, 2012

"lush" .....

lush
24" x 36" oil on canvas
©2012dottietleatherwood

Just finished this today.  The pink camellias in my front yard are as big as salad plates and when the morning sun hits them, they just glow.  I wanted to play up the swirl of petals and light with my brushstrokes.  Its all about the movement and pattern and color. I love the looseness of it.  Not to mention that the color scheme in this painting is very appropriate for this time of year.  Speaking of which, I would like to wish you the happiest of holidays and thank you for supporting my art this year.  Your encouragement and support are the best gifts I could ever receive! Peace and joy to you and yours!  

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful colors in this Camellia...Too cold here in N.Y. for any flowers so I'll have to enjoy your paintings!! It's been a pleasure following your work, Dottie, and look forward to seeing more in 2013! Happy Holidays!

Maria Randolph said...

Dottie, This is beautiful! I love the vibrant color. Happy Holidays!