Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 14 ...winding through Avignon

winding through Avignon
6.5" x 9" oil on paper
©2013dottietleatherwood
$100

A little different feel to the painting today... not quite as loose or "airy" as yesterday's painting.  I loved this narrow little street with the tiniest of sidewalks lined with peach buildings and blue and green shutters.  I wanted to capture the feel of the close buildings surrounding you and towering above.  I like the way it turned out, although with the rainy day we had today my camera didn't quite capture the color of the sky in the painting.  It appears white in the photo but actually has a peach and blue tint to it.  I will try to take another picture tomorrow that will be hopefully truer in color. 

This is Day 14 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, makes me so wish I were there.