Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 15 ...rainy afternoon in Nice

rainy afternoon in Nice
6.5" x 9" oil on paper
©2013dottietleatherwood
$100

Even in the rain, France is charming.  The colors of the shops and awnings on this street in Nice were so intense despite the rainy day.  
This is the halfway point in the challenge! Day 15!  I have enjoyed my journey so far but I am itching to paint larger paintings.  I am not a "small painting" kind of girl.  It is a constant exercise in editing and restraint for me.  Which I guess is good but I feel like I can't make the big bold brushstrokes that I'm used to making. Instead I find myself turning to the palette knife as a substitute.  I am looking forward to seeing them all together as a series.

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

I like the colorful awnings...very nice painting, Dottie!!