Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 21 ...stopping in Atlanta

There was a saying that I heard growing up in Savannah, that no matter where you were headed, even if it were heaven or hell, you had to go to Atlanta first. So I thought it only fitting that after ending my painting journey through France and Italy,  I had to make a stop in Atlanta.  I lived in Atlanta when I was a newlywed and loved it.  I worked downtown at the Chamber of Commerce and enjoyed being in the "big city" everyday.  I loved this view of Atlanta, standing on Peachtree Ave, with the CocaCola sign in the distance. 

stopping in Atlanta
6.5" x 9" oil on paper
©2013dottietleatherwood
$100

 I was listening to AHA radio's interview with painter C. W. Mundy while I was painting and he was talking all about loosening up and making marks so I applied that spirit to my painting today!  Here is the link to that great interview if you missed the show: AHA Radio: CW Mundy

This is Day 21 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!  We are on the homestretch!

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

Great painting of one of my favorite cities. Love the way your handled the building with no windows. Everything ties together. Love it!!