Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2.....another day in Charlotte....

And so here we are on day 2 of the 30-In-30 Challenge.  And guess what  ..... we are still in Charlotte! Haven't packed my bags yet.  My daughter said, "paint somewhere else ....Charlotte is so boring!"  Isn't that what we all think of our hometown when we are young and anxious to get out into the world? 
another day in Charlotte
6.5" x 9" oil on paper
©2013dottietleatherwood
$100

The wet paint is still catching too much light in the photograph though.  These gray rainy days don't make for good art photography! I am happy with the way this one turned out.  It is a bit more abstract than the one I painted yesterday....which is the direction I wanted to head in with this series. Who knew buildings would be such fun to paint?! 

13 comments:

Roger Brown My Botswana Art said...

I like the contrasting ultramarine blue and crimson red in this painting.Home towns are normally boring until you have seen a little more of this world and realize home towns are special as well.

Kathy Cousart said...

Gorgeous....strong shapes and looks like you had fun painting this! Go Dottie!

Connie said...

Another great painting with lovely colors. I really like the deckle edge on the paper--I bet they would look wonderful in a floating frame.

Connie said...

Another great painting with lovely colors. I really like the deckle edge on the paper--I bet they would look wonderful in a floating frame.

Sheila Wedegis said...

Love the energy that you show in this painting. Great!!

Sheila Wedegis said...

Love the energy you captured in this painting!! Love it!!!

Helen Moreda said...

I love how you are slightly abstracting your subject. You came out with a lovely painting.

Laurie G. Miller said...

Love the abstract quality...great color too!

Kathy Collins said...

Love this new abstract direction you are entering!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I've wanted to paint in oils on paper for quite some time, and you have convinced me to give it a try! This is magnificent!!!

hmuxo said...

The buildings are beautifully painted, Dottie. LOVE the abstract look of this piece and look forward to the next one in this series.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said? It is a fabulous painting!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Nothing boring about this Dottie...I love the abstract look!!