Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 6 ...skating at Bryant Park - SOLD


skating at Bryant Park
6.5" x 9" oil on paper
©2013dottietleatherwood
SOLD
Click Here to View

O.K. so this isn't exactly a streetscape.  But you can't blame a girl for wanting to do a little ice skating while she's in New York, can you? And not to brag, but I can skate pretty darn good for a girl from Savannah, Georgia :)  I had fun working with the purples and blues in the late afternoon light. I also wanted to suggest the crowds of skaters and their movement.  This is the ice rink in Bryant Park.... thanks to my wonderful friend and artist Kathy Collins for the picture!  I am extending my stay in New York for a couple more days....stay tuned!

This is Day 6 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!

3 comments:

DMannion said...

Charming paintings, Dottie! And interesting that you're painting on paper. I know Duane Keiser has been painting on paper recently, and Marc Hanson has in the past. Will have to try it... after the challenge. It's not easy!

Helen Moreda said...

Strong painting........great darks and such discipline to stay with a limited palette. It works wonderfully well.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love your color choices in this wonderful little painting, Dottie.