Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 7 ....lights of New York


So what kind of trip would it be if I didn't take time to paint the bright lights of  New York?  No city shines brighter... well at least nowhere that I've been.  This had to be the most fun painting that I have done so far.   I will definitely paint this bigger later on.  I had forgotten how much I love painting on a black background.  I used to  start a lot of paintings that way but have gotten away from that in the last year.  It's funny the habits you get into and the things you forget.  I hope you are enjoying this series as much as I am! 
lights of New York
6.5" x 9" oil on paper
©2013dottietleatherwood
$100

This is Day 7 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!

6 comments:

Maria Randolph said...

Dottie,
I love your painting today and have really enjoyed your new series. Look forward to more on the 30 day challenge.

Susan said...

Nice to see your city painting on the 30 day challenge. Colors really pull one into the painting. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Deanna Lack said...

Wow... so much color, yet you've definitely evoked a sense of darkness. Love it!

sandra Busby said...

It is just STUNNING!
I love the dramatic lighting and vibrant colours.
Time wouldn't allow me to do this challenge, so I opted for the 75 day sketch challenge instead, between painting time. I really admire those involved in this 30 day challenge! :0)

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

So vibrant!!! Love all the color in this Dottie, your cityscapes are awesome! Only another 23 to go!

hmuxo said...

Fantastic Cityscape, Dottie!! I truly love the colors..you really make me love New York even more than I do already!!!