Friday, March 29, 2013

"pail distraction" ...

pail distraction
24" x 18" oil on canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood

I got to the studio early this morning with a list of things to do... finish a couple of paintings, frame a couple of paintings, photograph some paintings, etc.  But when I got to the top of the stairs, the sun was illuminating this old french pail full of dried hydrangeas.  What could I do? I caved, put my list on my desk and painted what was in front of me before the morning sun moved on.  A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, especially when the sun's out  :)

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love the softness in this piece!!
VERY nice!!!

Jerry Stocks said...

This is so soft and soooooo beautiful. I love it. Happy Easter!

suzannepaints said...

Good thinking! Your painting is beautiful.