Monday, June 3, 2013

"folly"...

I am still painting commissions and preparing for a group show in October, so I haven't had any new work that I could post lately.  However, this weekend I took a break and painted several paintings just for a change of pace.  I collected some sun-bleached oyster shells on a recent trip to the beach and have been wanting to paint a series of shells using them.  I just love the creamy tones and patterns on both the inside and outside of the shells.  Here is the first one I painted:
"folly"
16" x 12" oil on gallery wrap canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood
$320

In other news, Georgia (our guide-dog puppy) now has her own pool to play in. Pink, of course since she is a girly-girl.  She loves to help fill it up and then dive for toys in it.  Her favorite thing though, is to plunge into the pool after a walk.  She has not learned to appreciate our hot southern weather yet!

No comments: