Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"one june morning" .....

one june morning
6" x 12" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood
$150

I am easing back into painting this week (I have rotator cuff tendinitis)  and tried this seascape on a much smaller scale.  I find it so much harder to paint small.  I guess simplifying is not my strong suit.  I wanted this painting to read like a larger painting but not have more detail than it could handle. I think I struck a happy medium although I probably should've chosen a simpler composition to paint..... maybe one big wave instead of the roll and tumble of many smaller ones. But hey, what's the challenge of that?! :)

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Une peinture qui malgré le mouvement des vagues apporte calme et équilibre.
De très belles nuances de couleurs.
Gros bisous

Olivier Violin said...

Superbe!!

hmuxo said...

Seascapes are so challenging to me..this is beautifully painted..very
realistic!

Kathy Collins said...

I can just see this hanging in someone's beach house!

Kathy Collins said...

I can just see this hanging in someone's beach house!