Wednesday, August 21, 2013

busy, busy, busy...

This week has been a little of this and a little of that and a lot of everything!  I am finishing up a commission, (which I promise to show when it's done..) painting for an upcoming competition that I want to enter, and doing a LOT of framing! Framing is not my favorite part of this job....by far.  It always takes me twice as long as I think it will, not to mention I always injure myself somehow.  I have this wonderfully long antique work-table in my dining room that I always use to spread out all my framing stuff on and right now you can see that my dining room has been taken over...
 and there is always the bubble wrap....yards and yards of it:
Most of these paintings are headed to a brand new gallery I am in called "Olive's" on main street in quaint downtown Ft. Mill, SC.  I can't wait to see everything hung at the opening on September 6th from 6:00 - 9:00. Please stop in if you are close by, I would love to see you!

3 comments:

Sandra Busby said...

It looks like last weeks aha show has inspired a new post! So glad! I also did the same after slacking a little. Sometimes life just gets in the way... Anyway, love your work Dottie and you are perfect on the aha show :0)

Kathy Cousart said...

Busy Busy Busy keeps you out of trouble trouble trouble! Congrats on the new gallery- you will shine there. Fun seeing all your paintings framed up! Love the donkey!!

Stephanie Berry said...

Looks like you've been very productive. Not my favorite job either but congratulations on being in Olive's.