Monday, August 12, 2013

"sunrise from the balcony"...

This year has been one full of twists and turns for me.  Some good and some not so good.  I guess that sums up life but it seems that I have had more than my normal share so far this year.  Sort of like having five years of ups and downs crammed into eight months.  I am always searching for the calm in the storm.  This painting is from a photo I took early one morning at the beach.  I even made it the screensaver for my phone so I can get that instant zen at a moment's notice.  (and there have been plenty of moments lately!)  Sunrise is always so full of hope and as they say..."everything looks better in the morning light".  I wasn't sure that it would translate well into a painting.  Sometimes sunrise/sunset can look so cliché.   But I think it worked out. It actually made me feel peaceful just painting it... hope it does the same for you :)
"sunrise from the balcony"
12" x 9" oil on panel
©2013dottietleatherwood

5 comments:

Christine said...

very Zen and lovely

Jerry Stocks said...

Beautiful painting and I hope life is improving.

Kathy Cousart said...

Lovely and you transferred it just perfectly!! Way to self-ZEN...made me smile!

hmuxo said...

It's absolutely serene and beautiful, Dottie. I hope all is well!!!

Olivier Violin said...

Cette peinture est exceptionnelle par sa beauté, sa lumière et sa magie...