Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"empirical view" ...30 Days Hath September

Today is the 11th day of the challenge.  It also bears the distinction of being the anniversary of September 11th.  We all remember where we were and what we were doing when our sense of peace and safety was shattered with an unimaginable horror.  For me, a way to remember and honor is to put brush to canvas.  Put my thoughts and emotions into each mark.  New York is the ultimate cityscape.  It is my honor to paint it.

"empirical view"
24" x 18" oil on canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood

7 comments:

Pati Awapara said...

This piece is impressive! Great job!
http://awapara.wordpress.com/

Linda Popple said...

Love this painting.

Jerry Stocks said...

what a great painting--I love it.

Jerry Stocks said...

what a great painting--I love it.

Joan of LLD and ART is A Rhapsody Treasure said...

I LOVE this! Absolutely stunning!

Sheila said...

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful city.

Sheila said...

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful city :)