Friday, September 6, 2013

"green with envy" ...30 Days Hath September

6 Days in and I am a painting fiend!  Are you with me?

Pattern and sometimes chaos are what draw my eye and give me the itch to capture it on a canvas.  Even in the calmest of views, I am still searching for the pattern.  I love the challenge and it keeps me interested in painting almost any subject.  I am back to one of my favorite things today.... an intimate floral of sorts...maybe an intimate frond :)  I took a ton of pictures of palm branches silhouetted in the evening sunlight this spring with the intention of exploring them further in paint.  This is the first attempt and I am really happy with the way it worked out.  Mixing all those greens is not for the faint of heart!

green with envy
24" x 24" oil on canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood

Don't forget, all of my September paintings are 20% off for this month only.  That 20% makes a big impact on a large painting like this one!  

I hope if you are nearby, you will join me tonight from 6-9:00 at the grand opening of Olive's Gallery in Fort Mill, SC.  It is a brand new gallery and I am thrilled to have twelve paintings hanging there!  If you can't make it tonight, this exhibition will be up until the end of November.

4 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Wonderful! I just found you while listening to your blogtalk show with Leslie. I look forward to visiting your blog more often. :)

hmuxo said...

These palm branches are painted beautifully!! Wonderful colors....

Niharika Garg said...

Dottie, I just love these leaves..I hope I'm right to say that this is a night study?
But I'm definitely hoping to, the colors are so different!

Catharine Clarke said...

Wonderful work Dottie!
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog too. It's great to finally put the art to a voice as I've listened to you on my morning runs with Artists Helping Artists.