Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"rise and shine" ...."30 Days Hath September"

Day 3 is here!  I have been saving this picture to paint for months!  One of my best friends from high school posted it on his facebook page this spring and graciously allowed me to use it to paint from.  Thank you so much Hal!  I was drawn to the dramatic lighting and as you should know by now...the water. :)  This painting is bigger than the last two days and don't forget...is 20% off for the month of September (over a hundred dollars off the normal price!).

"rise and shine"
16" x 20" oil on canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood

3 comments:

Niharika Garg said...

Hi Dottie, its beautiful!
I somehow fail at achieving this purple!
What all colors do u mix?

Kathy Cousart said...

Wonderful painting...love how you handled the water---you are the water queen! This must be just gorgeous in person...strong and true! Go Dottie!

Torrie Smiley said...

This one is my favorite so far! Great color and water. Loved seeing your work in person in Matthews the other night. Congratulations!