Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"roses and wild grapes" ...30 Days Hath September

So I am almost all the way through a box of 12" x 12" canvases and I can't stop painting flowers :)

We have these wild grapevines that are the biggest nuisance EVER.  They spring up everywhere and grow about 4 feet overnight. The more you pull them up, the quicker they grow.  However, in September, some of them will grow tiny little grapes.  I'm not sure if they are edible... haven't tried them yet... but they are so pretty.  The grapes vary from shades of green, to purple, burgundy, bronze and the prettiest teal blue.  They make a cool addition to a flower vase.  And with summer ending, there isn't much else blooming in my garden right now but grapes and roses.

Just goes to show that when life gives you wild grapevines.... instead of grape juice, make a painting. I posted a picture of the grapes at the bottom of the page so you could see what I was talking about.

roses and wild grapes
12" x 12" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
©2013dottietleatherwood


the wild grapes:


3 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Wonderful Dottie! I can see you doing a large one of those lovely grapes too!!

Karen F. Rose said...

Wow I really love this painting Dottie and thanks for sharing the picture of the wild grapes. I have never seen wild grapes and can't believe the color variations.
Lovely lovely painting.

hmuxo said...

Gorgeous piece, Dottie!!!!